Project 120 – Phase 3: Identify The Gaps
If you’ve got absolutely no idea what I’m talking about, and you’ve never heard of Project 120, I’d suggest you go here: [The Post That Started It All]
How to Identify the Gaps?
It’s pretty straight forward. So simple that you may have already started it while you were writing down your future or current states.
Here’s Where to Start:
- Gather your notes from both your Desire Future & your Current State
- Place them side by side and compare your future against the current state.
- Identify the different between the two columns and write it down in the “Gap” column.
- This will be clear for some goal, and more subjective for others – that’s okay.
- Then, try to identify the high-level “Focus Area” that requires change/or topic that you need to research.
- For a weight loss goal, that focus area may be Nutrition and exercise. For a family goal, this could be work/life balance or even psychology.
Remember, that we’re not trying to come up with an exact plan just yet. This exercise it primarily to get an idea of what areas we need to target.
The reason we start here is two-fold. You might not yet know how you’re going to achieve your goal. E.g. Your goal is to make $200 Million, and you’re just not sure how.
Secondly, our first reaction and idea may not be the best way to get to our goal and we need to do some research first. Cool?
For Example – My Gaps
Here are the gaps that I’ve identified personally. Feel free to use them as an example to guide you. If you don’t care about my gaps, click here for a little encouragement.
I wanted to take a moment to encourage you.
In this process there will be moments, there has been for me at least, where doubt creeps in – and that’s okay. It’s your mind trying to deal with the unknown variables in your future. Our minds like when things are consistent, even if that means consistently bad. Acknowledge it and keep on going. If it’s overwhelming, talk to someone who’s on a similar path. If you want, message me – I will listen.
There will be things that your family and friends won’t understand as you push for greatness – they’ll ask: “Why are you working so late?”, “Why are you training so hard?” or “Why are you still studying?”. Then they’ll follow up with “Come out for drinks, it won’t hurt”. They mean well, but sometimes these continued questions can hurt, especially when they’re coming from your closest and dearest. My suggestion, explain to them exactly why you’re doing it. Sit them down and share your vision, maybe even tell them about Project 120 (If you want). Share the heart and vision behind your actions and decisions. One of two things will happen.
My suggestion, explain to them exactly why you’re doing it. Sit them down and share your vision, maybe even tell them about Project 120 (If you want). Share the heart and vision behind your actions and decisions. One of two things will happen.
- They’ll think you’re crazy (which they may or may not say to your face). In which case, accept that they won’t be supporting you on this journey and leave it there. OR
- Your story will resonate with them and they’ll begin to feel exactly what you feel. Perhaps you’ll learn that they want greatness too. They just didn’t know where to start. In this case, help them, encourage them. This type of friend is a valuable one. Together you’ll help each other along the path to greatness and personal success.
The main thing is, if you have moments of uncertainty, know that I am here for you.
Coming Up in Project 120
- Next, we meet the experts guiding me through Project 120.
- Then we develop our Action Plans. Get ready for some nitty gritty details.